Xidulu Private Lodge booking terms and conditions
TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. These terms and conditions are applicable to all contracts of any kind between Xidulu Private Lodge (“Xidulu”) and its Clients and apply to all reservations, bookings and agreements for accommodations, safari and other activities and usage of the premises and facilities offered to the Clients by Xidulu.
2. Clients are assumed to have read and acknowledged the below provisions and are assumed to have read and noted their responsibilities, the limitations on the liability of Xidulu and the payment and cancellation terms.
3. These terms and conditions constitute a contract valid and binding on you and enforceable against the Clients.
4. The contract is conditional on the payment of the deposit.
5. Xidulu bears the sole and absolute responsibility for ensuring that all Clients are aware of Xidulu’s exclusion of liability and indemnity.
6. Xidulu cannot be held responsible for any amendment to scheduled air time tables or discontinued flights and all or any additional costs incurred related thereto.
7. The laws of the Republic of South Africa shall in all respects, govern this contract.
Supply of the services
8. Xidulu shall provide the services to the Client subject to the contract. Xidulu may at any time without notifying the Client make changes to the services which are necessary to comply with applicable safety or other statutory requirements, or which do not materially affect the nature or quality of the services.
9. The Client shall, at its own expense, supply Xidulu with all necessary data and other information relating to the services within sufficient time to enable Xidulu to provide the services in accordance with the contract. The Client shall ensure the accuracy of all such information.
Disclaimer and Indemnity
10. All persons entering the premises (being Makalali Private Game Reserve) and/or participating in activities organized by Xidulu do so entirely at their own risk. Xidulu, it’s directors, representatives, affiliates and it’s staff will not be held liable or responsible for any personal injury, harm, death, loss of support or any other damages of any nature whatsoever, whether arising from negligence or any cause whatsoever.
11. Without derogating from the generality of the aforegoing, parents and guardians who enter any contracted premises or facilities contracted by Xidulu and/or participating in activities organized by Xidulu do so on the basis that they assist any child accompanying them, in contracting as aforesaid and, undertake to indemnify, hold harmless and absolve Xidulu from any claims whatsoever that may arise in connection with any personal injury, harm, death, loss of support or damages of any nature whatsoever whether arising from negligence or any other cause whatsoever, suffered by any such child.
12. Please ensure that the following details regarding the safari are provided:
- Surname and names as they appear on the passport
- Title and known names
- Arrival and departure dates
- Dietary requirements or any special requests for special occasions
- Contact number whilst travelling to us
- Other contact details
13. Payments to Xidulu to be paid by the Client (including deposits) are to be made on the date(s) and in the amounts as specified in the contract.
14. If any services under the contract are varied prior to arrival of the Client then the payment made will reflect the latest details contained in the written details of Xidulu.
15. Any additional charges due to Xidulu from the Client for the services shall be paid by the Client on presentation of an invoice.
16. A 50% deposit is required to secure the booking and is non-refundable.
17. The deposit is due within 14 calendar days from date of reservation to guarantee the booking. The balance is settled one month prior to Client’s arrival. Payment deviations are only possible according to special pre- arrangements.
18. All international payments need to be converted and paid in South African Rand.
19. Xidulu cannot be held responsible, for any currency exchange fluctuations.
20. All banking and transfer charges are for the Clients account.
21. Payments for accommodation and safari activities can be made either via a direct wire transfer instruction or internet transfer.
22. Payment for extras can be made at the premises by cash only.
23. A copy of the bank draft/transfer/deposit slip should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Failure to notify us of the required deposit may result in the release of the accommodation held, as we might be unable to trace your payment of the booking (please include the booking confirmation number on all correspondence).
24. If additional are services provided to the Client, the Client shall pay the standard charges at the prevailing rate of the day the additional services are provided and any additional sums which are agreed between Xidulu and the Client for the provision of those services.
25. Xidulu reserves the right to charge the following cancellation fees should a reservation be cancelled within the following periods:
25.1. If cancellation of any booking or any part thereof is received 31 days or more prior to arrival, 50% of the total balance will be forfeited;
25.2. If a cancellation of any booking or any part thereof is received between 30 - 20 days prior to arrival, 65% of the total balance will be forfeited;
25.3. If a cancellation of any booking or any part thereof is received between 19 - 10 days prior to arrival, 75% of the total balance will be forfeited;
25.4. If a cancellation of any booking or any part thereof is received between 9 - 5 days prior to arrival, 85% of the total balance will be forfeited;
25.5. If a cancellation of any booking or any part thereof is received within 5 - 1 days prior to arrival, 95% of the total balance will be forfeited; and
25.6. By no-show a 100% of the total balance will be forfeited
26. Xidulu may, without limiting any other remedy, at any time terminate the contract by giving written notice to the Client if the Client commits any breach of these terms, or if the Client goes into liquidation, becomes bankrupt, makes a voluntary agreement with its creditors or has a receiver or administrator appointed.
27. Check-in is between 2:00PM and 6:00PM. Check-out is before 11:00AM. Please note that we cannot welcome you before 2:00PM on your arrival day and early arrivals can only be made by prior arrangement. Any arrival after 6:00PM must also be pre-arranged as this will induce extra gate-charge fees.
28. Please provide us with your cell phone number in case we have to call you on your way to us.
29. The Client must comply with any reasonable request of Xidulu and with any safety, regulations and conservation policies of the Greater Makalali Private Game Reserve conservancy as may apply to the services. On arrival the Client need to complete an indemnity.
30. This agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties, supersedes any previous agreement or understanding and may not be varied except in writing between the parties. All other terms, expressed or implied by statute or otherwise, are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by South African law.